2/14/09

White Almond Sour Cream Cake

One of the BEST cakes I've ever had.  It's so dense and moist.  I'm not a big cake fan, but this is almost like a pound cake.  YUMMY!  I got the recipe from cakecentral.com.  Of course, I only made a half-recipe.

White Almond Sour Cream Cake
2 boxes white cake mix 
2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 cups granulated sugar 
1 1/2 teas. salt 
8 egg whites 
2 2/3 cups water 
4 Tbls. vegetable oil 
2 cups (16oz carton) sour cream 
2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavor 
2 teaspoons almond extract 
Mix all dry ingredients by hand using a whisk in a very large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees 



***One recipe makes: one 14" round + one 6" round 
or one 16" round 
or one 12" round + one 10" round 
or one 12x18" sheet cake 
or one 12" round + one 8" round + one 6" 

Half a recipe makes: two 8" rounds 
or two 6" rounds + 6 cupcakes 

No comments: