2/13/09

Slow Cooker Potatoes

I found this recipe because I got a new 1-1/2 qt slow cooker.  I was cooking something in my big slow cooker, and I wanted to do a side dish in the small one, just for fun.  James laughed that I was making mashed potatoes in a slow cooker, because, really, it's not hard to pre-prepare mashed potatoes and then just turn the stove on.  But I wanted to use my slow cooker.  I was surprised at the results.  The potatoes tasted roasted.  They were ok as mashed, but I really like them whole, and next time I won't mash them.

Slow Cooker Roasted Potatoes
2-1/2# potatoes (about 5), peeled and cubed
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 t garlic salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 c butter, cubed

Put chicken broth, salt, and pepper in slow cooker.  Add potatoes.  Put butter on top.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours.  If you want, you can mash them with 1/2 c milk or serve them as is.

NOTE: Because the potatoes are not covered in water they turn brown while cooking.  But they still taste great!

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Looks yummy! THanks for participating in my CrockPot carnival. I hope you'll add my link.