Walnut Raspberry Muffins
2/3 c cream cheese, softened
1/3 c butter, softened
1-1/2 c sugar
2 egg whites
1 egg
1-1/2 t vanilla
2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 c buttermilk
2 c fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 c chopped walnuts
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg whites, egg, and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in raspberries and walnuts. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350* for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 18 muffins.
How I really made them: I used 2 eggs instead of 1 egg and 2 egg whites, I used milk instead of buttermilk, and I did not put walnuts in them. I would also suggest serving them cool, because they're really goopy hot (because of all the raspberries). I usually spray my liners when I make a fruit muffin, because they are *sticky!*
No comments:
Post a Comment