10/20/08

Corn Muffins

This is one of the best recipes for corn muffins I've found.  They're not dry and crumbly like regular cornbread.  And when you've got three small children, making something less crumbly is really a good idea!  I thought about adding a picture, but hey, it's corn muffins.  They look like corn muffins.  Use your imagination.

Corn Muffins
1/2 c flour
1/2 c cornmeal
3 T sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1 c (8 oz) sour cream

In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.  In another bowl, beat egg and sour cream.  Stir wet into dry until just moistened.  Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 400* for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Coool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Yield: 8 muffins

NOTES:  Sometimes I add a bit of milk to make these stretch a bit farther than 8 muffins.  Also, I've found that if you use paper in your muffin pans and spray the paper with Pam, the muffins come out beautifully.

No comments: